Brock Ventures, Inc. (BVI) typically partners or engages with larger LIHTC developers in executing a transaction. The emphasis is on the front of the project, often including the speculative stages — finding the right property, understanding it and the local market, and executing all related items necessary for the LIHTC application. Often, Brock Ventures, Inc. will identify a competitive property, perform all due diligence, gain site control, and then partner with a developer for LIHTC application and execution.
The scope of engagement can be narrow or wide and the structure can vary from being a hired third party to partnering. BVI can perform any or all of the following services in partnership with or on behalf of a developer:
- Site identification
- Site and building due diligence
- Pro forma and financial modeling
- Frame and refine overall project — unit count, layout, rents, etc
- Tax credit syndication
- Preliminary market research
- Third party management — architect, market analyst, enviro consultant, GC, historic consultant, etc.
- LIHTC application
- Rezoning and other local negotiations (loans, in-kind, tax abatement etc)
- Manage other applications including CDBG, HOME, and project based vouchers
Brock Ventures, Inc. has professional relationships in all areas of LIHTC and historic real estate development:
- State housing agencies — primarily NC, SC, and VA
- Affordable housing and multi-family developers — local, regional and national firms
- Tax Credit professionals — attorneys, syndicators, public finance bankers, and accountants
- Consultants — AHP experts and historic nomination consultants
- Other real estate professionals — appraisers, environmental consultants, architects, market analysts, brokers, general contractors, property management firms, and others
Comprehensive real estate development, with a focus on:
- Multi-family rental apartments and mixed use
- Market rate and affordable housing (LIHTC – 4% and 9%)
- New construction and historic (adaptive reuse)
BVI’s emphasis and expertise is in all areas of NC, SC, and VA (excluding DC area) with experience in OH, PA, TN, and MO.
Available upon request.